What is keratin?
Keratin is a protein that already exists naturally in your hair (and nails, for that matter).
- Keratin forms a protective shield around the hair shaft and helps your hair stay elastic and youthful
- Unfortunately, keratin can be depleted due to over styling, heat, chemicals, and other damaging processes.
How do keratin treatments work?
- So what is a keratin treatment, then? Keratin Treatments aim to help replenish this lost protein by using a formula that contains keratin (among other ingredients). When applied by a professional stylist, this formula can strengthen the hair shaft and help smooth its surface, leading to silky, frizz-free hair. Here’s the entire process:
What does keratin do for hair?
- Although results will vary slightly depending on your natural hair and service type, a keratin treatment will smoothen and add shine to your hair. It will also reduce the appearance of damage from previous treatments, like frizziness or dryness.
How long do keratin treatments last?
- Typically, keratin treatment results last around 2 to 3 months. However, it ultimately depends on the type of keratin product used and aftercare.